History

The Deeping Men’s Group was formed in 1954 by the local Vicars of Deeping St. James and Market Deeping for the purpose of social meetings and it gradually developed into helping the local community by raising funds to purchase wheelchairs and other medical equipment for use by those in need.

The Group continued over the years confining its activities to the Deepings to maintain an identity with the local population. As charity fund raising annual income rose, the group decided in 1996 that it needed to become a Registered Charity to comply with the Charities Act. This was proposed and registered status was achieved in December 1997 (Registered No 1111361). In July 2005 the Group became a Limited Company ( Registered No 5516478 England).

During 2006 The Group was presented with The Queens Award for Voluntary Service. This was presented by the Lord Lieutenant of the County of Lincolnshire at a ceremony at The Deepings Community Centre. As a result of this two members and their wives attended the Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace and the following year two other members attended a Royal Reception at Buckingham Palace where they were presented to The Queen and other members of the Royal Family.

© 2023 by Name of Site. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now